CI.Connect Ltd is a ‘Video Conference and Audio Visual Supply and Support Business’ based in ‘Leigh-on-Sea, Essex’, United Kingdom (EEAA). As an organisation, we provide Video Conferencing and Audio Visual hardware and support to commercial businesses. Please see: www.ci-connect.co.uk
Data Protection Officer
Under the regulation, CI.Connect Ltd is not required to employ a Data Protection Officer. However, we do have a Senior Data Controller who can be contacted on: Email: [email protected]
The data we will process on a client’s behalf commercially include:
- First name
- Last name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Solutions you are interested in
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
We will process your data securely under the following legitimate interest basis:
- We process a name, telephone number and email address from your correspondence during your business enquiry via our website.
- We do not store data or share your data to third parties via this website.
- Your enquiry may be processed in our CRM system at Hubspot. Their privacy notice can be found at www.hubspot.com.
- We will only pass data onto legal third parties, such as the law, when specifically asked to do so lawfully.
Legitimate interests pursued by us or third parties we use, are as follows:
Your contact details are not shared with third parties. These details are not shared furthermore, except merely held for security or legal reasons relating to the service being provided.
Special Categories of Personal Data
- We do not store 'special' personal data such as driving licence, passport, or national insurance numbers for external clients.
- We may ask to 'view' an item of 'special' personal data if being asked to hand over sensitive data or a piece of equipment where we are required to identify an authorised recipient in order to prevent a data breach.
CI.Connect Ltd will not pass on your data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
CI.Connect Ltd will process personal data for a maximum of 7 years to coincide with HMRC, Legal and Accounting records. The exception being special case data, which in the event of a client requesting for photographic data to be deleted for security reasons. Accounting data will still be held for 7 years.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
As a data subject, you will have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling. We currently do not process either of these methods.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that CI.Connect Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data, such as Hubspot, to manage your enquiry.
In line with Subject Access Request Procedure and Subject Access Request Form, which we can provide, upon request.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by CI.Connect Ltd (or its third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority which is the ICO (www.ico.org.uk).
You can report a concern directly with the ICO if CI.Connect Ltd fails to handle your complaint in an appropriate manner: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Please send any initial complaints to: [email protected]
Specific Online Privacy Statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information online?
This privacy notice tells you how we, CI.Connect Ltd, will collect and use your personal data from our secure contact form which will refer to this policy for consent that you allow us to collect personal data, for example: name, email and contact telephone. Your data will be processed for contact purposes only.
Why do CI.Connect Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you any level of service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes CI.Connect Ltd would contact you for additional consent, unless you have formerly ticked a consent option on a contact form.
Will CI.Connect Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
CI.Connect Ltd will never pass or share your information with anyone or any other business. If we need to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do so otherwise.
How will CI.Connect Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
CI.Connect Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EEAA’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. CI.Connect Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
CI.Connect Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If CI.Connect Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. This will always be a representative based in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of CI.Connect Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or EU international organisation, this is done securely through encrypted means.
The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored?
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing (we do none of these).
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
CI.Connect Ltd accepts any of the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving licence
- Another form for ID or information which leaves no doubt of the data owner
All contact details can be found at https://www.ci-connect.co.uk or at:
Senior Data Controller
1729a London Road
Tel: 020 3434 2020
Email: [email protected]